Executive assistant to the Product Development Lead
The role and your responsibilities
As an executive assistant, you help make sure the trains run on time. You will help the Product Development team and its management offload administrative work that is not consistent in volume. You filter the distractions that can turn a manager into a reactive type who spends all day answering e-mail instead of a leader who proactively sets the agenda. You also have a willingness to stretch beyond your comfort zone to assume new responsibilities, and this excites you.
Among your responsibilities you will find:
- Managing agenda, triage emails and requests
- Making sure all expenses are properly recorded
- Collecting and driving a list of key decisions to be made each day such as: documents to review, important emails, invitations, deadlines, reminders, etc.
- Ensure that meetings begin on time with preparation material delivered in advance
- Attend meetings as note taker, track action items and follow up accordingly
- Screening phone calls and inquiries, and handling them when appropriate
- Coordinating lunches / dinners / team outings
- Coordinating events in the office that are hosted by the Product Development team
- Taking on random tasks that are important but difficult to complete in between a day fully booked with meetings
- Administrative tasks that keep the product development team ticking (e.g. subsidy requests and subsidy administration, handling invoices, payment reviews)
About Housing Anywhere
At Housing Anywhere, we aim to provide the best match for anyone looking for student accommodation. We are a peer-to-peer marketplace, meaning that you will be part of a company that aims to help both advertisers and their prospective tenants in the student accommodation market. Housing Anywhere is active in 50+ countries and 250+ cities. We have partnered with 140+ universities worldwide. We have 80 people working in our offices in Rotterdam and people come from all over the world (20+ nationalities).
We are currently growing our Product Development team to about 30 people (Head of Product Development, Product Owners, Front-end Engineers, Back-end Engineers, QA Engineers and UX/UI designers and Data Scientist). To strengthen our team and company, we are looking for a talented Executive Assistent who wants to join an international, young and energetic environment.
- At least 3 years of professional working experience as an executive assistant, personal assistant or corporate secretary.
- Experience plus advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), strong editing/proofreading skills, along with exceptional verbal, written and organisational skills are required
- A strong customer focus, can-do attitude and the ability to prioritise a demanding work load while maintaining a positive outlook will also be important qualities to ensure success in this position
- Excellent organisational and communication skills are a requirement, along with tact, poise and excellent people skills
- Demonstrated abilities in initiative, judgement, discretion, handling multiple tasks, and attention to detail are essential
- Able to work independently, have great problem-solving skills, showing logic. You'll demonstrate resourcefulness
- A degree in business preferred, or applicable work experience.
- Professional, personable and approachable attitude
- Fluent in English
- You will work in an international start-up company, with a young, dynamic team.
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Many social events, organised outside of the office by our teams or by the local startup community
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- Starting: ASAP.
- Probationary period: 1 month
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. We're located in the heart of the city, close to central station.
- Length of employment: we would like to start with a period of 7 months. Good performance will be rewarded with a contract renewal.
- Salary that reflects your experience.
- For questions, email Claire on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch with you within a few days.
- To apply, you can click the button below.