Internship | Customer Operations
Are you looking for an internship in a fast growing start-up? Did you study abroad and fell in love with the international environment? Do you like dynamic challenges?
Join us and be responsible for the operational tasks in the Customer Solutions team!
- Start date: September 2018 (flexible)
- End date: February 2019 (flexible)
- 40 hours per week;
- HousingAnywhere.com is an online startup that provides a platform that helps students & landlords renting out rooms to and from each other, while they go abroad for an internship or study abroad semester. We are scaling our business rapidly and its on the way of becoming the biggest platform for accommodation for international students in the world
Your Main Responsibilities
- Processing outgoing payments to our users
- Handling cases in which users ask for a refund
- Contact users to inform them about outstanding booking requests
RequirementsIt would be nice if you can identify with being (a):
- Able to work independently: At HousingAnywhere you'll have quite some responsibility from day 1, so it would be nice if you're comfortable being in charge of your own projects and work independently.
- Achiever: You are a go getter! Someone that strives to achieve all your goals and targets.
- Structured: The ability to work in a structured manner. You will need to work according to specific checklists and develop them yourself if they do not yet exist.
- Persistent: A central characteristic of our team is persistence. In Housing Anywhere we believe that persistence is the driver of our growth and success.
- Energetic, optimistic and imaginative power: We are looking for someone who can motivate their teammates no matter what happens!
- Communication hero: You'll be doing a lot of communication with both customers and team members! Main language priority is English, where secondary languages are nice as well.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup-- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- You will develop your communication, administration, financial, and teamwork skills. This is not your average internship: You are directly responsible for what happens in your target country.
- Our team consists of over 100 people, with 20 nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- If you like working with us, and we like working with you, we might offer you a full-time contract after your internship!
- Minimum of 6 months: The internship allowance is 650€ per month + up to 250€ bonus depending on your performance (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
- Between 3-5 months: The internship allowance is 250€ per month + up to 250€ bonus depending on your performance (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
- Less than 3 months: The internship will be unpaid, and no bonus is granted in this case.
- Send an email to HR [at] housinganywhere.com