Internship | Sales and Supply Manager | Head Office Rotterdam | 40 hours/week
Are you looking for an internship in a fast growing start-up? Did you study abroad and fell in love with the international environment? Do you like dynamic challenges?
Join us and be responsible for building the Supply side of our marketplace!
Field: Sales & Real Estate
- Start date: 14th of August 2017 (flexible)
- End date: 31st of January 2018 (flexible)
- 40 hours per week;
- Housing Anywhere is an international student housing platform where landlords and housing operators can rent out their properties to international students. We are in charge of the supply side of the marketplace. Our mission is to ensure that every student actively looking for accommodation is always able to find a home.
- You will be responsible to increase the number of suppliers on our platform, and make sure they successfully use Housing Anywhere to rent out their properties.
- Most of the activities related to this position will take place over the phone or over Skype.
Tasks of a “Supply Manager”
- Main tasks
- Cold Calling: Generate new leads, prospect and qualify them into accounts
- Support the advertisers while using the platform
- Turn the relationship with advertisers into customer success stories
- Most activities will be completed via phone calls and Skype meetings
- Depending on performance, you will get the chance to arrange personal meetings and go on business trips within your country of focus.
Other (supporting) tasks:
- Optimization of the current inventory
- Listing creation
- Other tasks that could help improving the start-up
Characteristics we are looking for in our Room Acquisition:
- Language: you should be able to speak English on an above-average level and you should be native or fluent in one of the following languages (exception for Native English speakers): German, Italian, French, Spanish, Swedish, Dutch.
- Achiever: You are a go getter! Someone that strives to achieve all your goals and targets.
- Performance oriented: You have to focus on the activities that makes an impact on what we do. You have the ability to select them and take relevant actions accordingly.
- Entrepreneurial: We expect you to be independent, ambitious, and a challenge lover. You have a positive attitude on the job and a strong self confidence in delivering results.
- Structured: The ability to work in a structured manner. You will need to work according to specific checklists and develop them yourself if they do not yet exist.
- Persistent: A central characteristic of our team is persistence. In Housing Anywhere we believe that persistence is the driver of our growth and success.
- Productive and motivated worker: We need someone who is a hard worker and is really passionate about Housing Anywhere. You will work 40 hours a week, but should Housing Anywhere grow much more rapidly than expected, we are looking for people who are willing to go the extra mile. Be prepared to work a weekend shift occasionally.
- Energetic, optimistic and imaginative power: We are looking for someone who can motivate their teammates no matter what happens!
- Willing to do simple tasks: Your title will be Sales and Supply Manager and you have quite some responsibilities. However, everyone is seen as equal in this office. This means everyone also needs to complete simple tasks (housekeeping, showing guests around, etc) Although these will not be your main tasks, they may occur once in a while.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- If you perform well, you might go on business trips to your assigned countries!
- You will develop your sales, negotiation, leadership, and business communication skills. This is not your average internship: You are directly responsible for everything that will happen in your target country.
- Our team consists of over 50 people, with 20 nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- If you like working with us, and we like working with you, we might offer you a full-time contract after your internship!
- Minimum of 6 months: The internship allowance is 650€ per month + up to 250€ bonus depending on your performance (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
- Between 4-5 months: The internship allowance is 250€ per month + up to 250€ bonus depending on your performance (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
- Less than 4 months: The internship will be unpaid, and no bonus is granted in this case.
- Send an email to Claire [at] housinganywhere.com
We appreciate everyone's application and thank you for your interest in working with Housing Anywhere. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive for all of our positions, only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.