Who are we?
HousingAnywhere.com is the global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that satisfies both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 60 countries and 400+ cities. We have partnered with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international student market. We are expanding to other audiences as well (e.g. expats, digital nomads and young professionals).
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data team. You will build data driven solutions to help the global market of students and young expats find their home away from home, and by improving the quality of our data tools and large scale data infrastructure. You will take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available — user behaviours, marketplace dynamics, revenue streams, and other signals across our platform. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences housing and international relocation.
- You will use your skills to help us enhancing our platform by integrating ML-based solutions such as ranking, pricing and fraud prevention algorithms. Propose new algorithms that we could use to improve in other areas.
- Discuss with internal stakeholders the requirements of the reports that you will develop and maintain.
- Collaborate with other engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, in defining what data to collect and in creating a common data and machine learning infrastructure (including Data warehousing, analytics platform, etc).
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery, as well as drive optimisation, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Contribute to the development of the BI tools, skills, culture and impact.
Who you are:
- You have a BS/ MS/ PhD in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field. Alternatively, strong sell-taught knowledge combined with several years of work experience;
- 2+ years of full-time, industry experience;
- You have working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL);
- You are experienced with data management (ETL/ SQL), relational database, intersecting scripting (Python) or other data or scripting language and reporting and analytics;
- You have knowledge of design and operations of robust distributed systems;
- You love to apply your rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices;
- You already have experience with data visualization libraries (Java Script, Python) a Plus;
- If you've been already working in a fast growing tech startup a strong plus!
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- We give our team members a high level of responsibility because for us all ideas matter.
- Our team consists of over 80+ people, with 25+ nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- Opportunities to attend training and workshops related to your field of work, sponsored tech talks and other networking events.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Friday Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every end of the week!
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.