Are you looking for a challenging new experience in an international scale-up? We want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join us. You will build data driven solutions to help the global market of students and young expats find their home away from home by improving the quality of our data tools and large scale data infrastructure. You will take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available — user behaviors, marketplace dynamics, revenue streams, and other signals across our platform. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences housing and international relocation.
- Maintain internal reporting platforms/tools including troubleshooting and development. Interact with internal users to establish and clarify requirements in order to develop report specifications.
- Work with Engineering partners to help shape and implement the development of BI infrastructure including Data Warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms.
- Contribute to the development of the BI tools, skills, culture and impact.
- Write advanced SQL queries and Python code to develop solutions.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery, as well as drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, in creating a common machine learning infrastructure
Who you are:
- 2+ years of full-time, industry experience
- Strong scripting ability in Python
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Experience with data management (ETL/SQL), relational database, intersecting scripting (Python) or other data or scripting language and reporting and analytics
- Experience with data visualisation libraries (Java Script, Python) a Plus
- Design and operation of robust distributed systems
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Experience in a fast growing tech startup a strong plus
- BS/MS/PhD in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field. Alternatively, strong sell-taught knowledge combined with several years of work experience.
- You will have the chance to go to company sponsored tech talks and other networking events.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- Our team consists of over 80 people, with 20+ nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- Send an email to HR (at) Housinganywhere.com
We appreciate everyone's application and thank you for your interest in working with Housing Anywhere. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive for all of our positions, only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.