Product Owner (Search & Discovery)
HousingAnywhere is the biggest global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation in the world. Being a two-sided marketplace, we create an experience that serves both sides of the rental accommodation market and that creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, we have been honored by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
About the team
The Search & Discovery (S&D) team is responsible for the top of the funnel on the demand side of the platform, optimising the most visited pages of our platform: homepage, search pages, and listing detail pages. These pages together drive millions of visitors on a yearly basis.
The goal of the team is to help tenants find the right place for them as easily as possible and does so by focussing on acquisition and activation of our traffic. All improvements in this part of the funnel have quite a direct impact on the end-to-end conversion, and can therefore drive major impact.
The S&D team consists of mainly frontend engineers, a designer, and a Product Owner (you!).
Being a product owner, you will also be part of the Product department consisting of the VP of Product, Product Owners and Designers that are part of the 4 cross-functional Product teams at HousingAnywhere (Bookings, Payments, Search & Discovery & Listings). Being a Product Owner for the S&D team, you will report directly to the VP of Product.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
HousingAnywhere has entered a scale-up phase in which we have seen impressive growth in terms of bookings and liquidity in the marketplace. This growth is bringing us some challenges and also some really nice opportunities.
- Defining and driving the vision for improving the search & discovery experience
- Owning feature creation from start to finish: from ideation to delivery
- Running A/B tests to improve conversion rates on a continuous basis
- Gathering and defining product requirements for design & engineering or marketing
- Backlog management and all the decision making that comes with it in terms of prioritization
- Communication with stakeholders. You keep people up to date about feature delivery and also explain to them why we postpone something or decide to not do something
- Driving process improvements to become more effective as a team
- At least 3 years of experience working as a Product Owner in an agile environment
- You are data-driven and have experience using analytical tools.
- Experience with A/B tests
- A product-oriented person: you love developing beautiful yet simple products that help people
- Good communicator. You are always able to explain why we prioritise A over B
- Experience working with designers and critical mindset
- The user is your most important stakeholder
- Online marketplaces experience is a plus
- Top of the funnel experience is a plus
- Work with a crazy unconventional team! Think 90 people from 30 different nationalities. It’s like being on a round-the-world trip while you’re in the office.
- Get ready to make a real impact and hit the ground running with early responsibilities. You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Trainings, workshops, conferences, books. It’s up to you.
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
- Work in the heart of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you!
- We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
- Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues while celebrating our achievements every Friday.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Salary will match your experience.
- Starting: ASAP
Do you have more questions?
Email Claire at [email protected]