Mobile Automation QA Engineer
At Housing Anywhere, we aim to provide the best match for anyone looking for student and young professional accommodation. We are a peer-to-peer marketplace, meaning that you will be building an application to satisfy both sides of the accommodation market. Housing Anywhere is active in 50 countries and 250+ cities. We have partnered with 150+ universities worldwide.
Your goal would be to provide our users with a formidable experience when looking for a place to live. At the same time, you would be dealing with the interfaces that we provide to the advertisers who are offering their room. Eventually, we need to provide high-quality matching and drive trust between the marketplace participants. We think about these challenges every day, and we would like to invite you to think along and build a world-class product.
Our client-side app is built using technologies and tools like React, Redux, GraphQL, SASS and Webpack. Our back-end is powered by Go (Golang) backed by a Postgres database. The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. We've been using React, GraphQL and Golang in production environments since the early days.
We're a team of 30 people (product Lead, product owners, front-end engineers, back-end engineers, QA engineers and UX/UI designers) passionate about what we do. To scale up and take us further in our journey to become a global leader in the market, we are looking for a QA Engineer to take charge of and boost our test automation efforts, optimize the QA processes and deliver a high quality product to our users.
Sounds challenging? Be part of building our team!
Characteristics we are looking for in a Mobile Automation QA Engineer:
- A Product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people
- You are a team player and a self-starter with a get-it-done attitude
- You believe that quality is much more than testing
- You have a strong interest in new tools, technologies and processes and are not afraid to try them out
- Hands on experience with designing and implementing test automation frameworks for native mobile applications is a must.
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile team.
- Strong understanding about TDD and CI/CD processes. Hands on experience is a big plus.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal (part of our team is remote, so communication is the key)
- Basic understanding of microservice architecture, Google cloud platform (or similar) and Kubernetes is a big plus.
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is a bonus, although actual experience is always preferred.
- Basic understanding of what a good (vegetarian) burger tastes like.
Cool things we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career ladder: take control of your career and we’ll support your growth
- Budget for laptop
- A very international team, get to know and work with people from more than 25 nationalities
- Office (with a view!) located in a tower in central Rotterdam close to main train station, shops, restaurants, gyms, etc
- Beers and Cheers in the office every Friday afternoon