Internship | Business Developer (Dutch market)
Are you looking for an internship in a fast growing start-up? Did you study abroad and fell in love with the international environment? Do you like dynamic challenges?
Join us and be responsible for building the Supply side of our marketplace!
Field: Sales & Real Estate
- Start date: September 1st 2018 (flexible)
- End date: January 31st 2019 (flexible)
- 40 hours per week;
- HousingAnywhere.com is an online startup that provides a platform that helps students & landlords renting out rooms to and from each other, while they go abroad for an internship or study abroad semester. We are scaling our business rapidly and its on the way of becoming the biggest platform for accommodation for international students in the world
- You will be responsible for growing the supply side of our platform by generating new leads and contacts within your assigned regions. You will be working together with our Account Managers to ensure that your newly acquired customers are onboarded for optimal success.
- Most of the activities related to this position will take place over the phone or over Skype.
Tasks of a Business Developer
- Main tasks
- Finding and contacting new prospects through cold calling and email campaigns.
- Scheduling and performing meetings with your potential customers (landlords) to close the deal.
- Qualifying leads and scheduling meetings for Key Account Managers.
- Depending on performance, you will get the chance to arrange personal meetings and go on business trips within your country of focus.
- Other (supporting) tasks:
- Supporting customers when using our platform
- Listing creation & optimization of the current inventory
- Other tasks that could help improving the start-up
Characteristics we are looking for in our Business Developers
- Language: you should be able to speak English on an above-average level and you should be native or fluent in Dutch.
- Achiever: You are a go getter! Someone that strives to achieve all your goals and targets.
- Performance oriented: You have to focus on the activities that makes an impact on what we do. You have the ability to select them and take relevant actions accordingly.
- Entrepreneurial: We expect you to be independent, ambitious, and a challenge lover. You have a positive attitude on the job and a strong self confidence in delivering results.
- Structured: The ability to work in a structured manner. You will need to work according to specific checklists and develop them yourself if they do not yet exist.
- Persistent: A central characteristic of our team is persistence. In Housing Anywhere we believe that persistence is the driver of our growth and success.
- Productive and motivated worker: We need someone who is a hard worker and is really passionate about Housing Anywhere. You will work 40 hours a week, but should Housing Anywhere grow much more rapidly than expected, we are looking for people who are willing to go the extra mile. Be prepared to work a weekend shift occasionally.
- Energetic, optimistic and imaginative power: We are looking for someone who can motivate their teammates no matter what happens!
- Willing to do simple tasks: Your title will be Business Developer and you have quite some responsibilities. However, everyone is seen as equal in this office. This means everyone also needs to complete simple tasks (housekeeping, showing guests around, etc) Although these will not be your main tasks, they may occur once in a while.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup-- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- You will develop your sales, negotiation, leadership, and business communication skills. This is not your average internship: You are directly responsible for what happens in your target country.
- Our team consists of over 100 people, with 20 nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- If you like working with us, and we like working with you, we might offer you a full-time contract after your internship!
- Minimum of 6 months: The internship allowance is 650€ per month + up to 250€ bonus depending on your performance (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
- Between 3-5 months: The internship allowance is 250€ per month + up to 250€ bonus depending on your performance (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
- Less than 3 months: The internship will be unpaid, and no bonus is granted in this case.
- Send an email to HR [at] housinganywhere.com