Internship | Business Developer DACH
Who we are?
HousingAnywhere.com is the leading booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that satisfies both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 100 countries and 400+ cities. We have partnered with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international student market while we are expanding to other audiences as well.
What are we looking for?
A go getter German Speaking Business Developer willing to learn and contribute! The main idea of this role is to join the Sales & Supply team and become responsible for providing the optimal experience for our users!
You will have the opportunity to develop your sales, negotiation and business communication skills. The main responsibility will be to contact potential clients through cold calls and emails to introduce our company and set up successful meetings. Take into account that this is not your average internship, your work will have a large impact on the region you are working in.
Your main tasks:
- You will be in charge of identifying potential customers in the target market and complete appropriate research. You will be trained to contact new leads executing the cold calling process and also utilizing email campaigns.
- You will be working together with our Account Managers to ensure that your newly acquired customers are onboarded for optimal success.
- You will also need to schedule and perform meetings with your potential customers (landlords) to close the deal. Most of the activities related to this position will take place over the phone or over Skype.
- Depending on performance, you will get the chance to arrange personal meetings and go on business trips within your country of focus.
- You will also have other (supporting) tasks such us: supporting customers when using our platform, listing creation & optimization of the current inventory, perform translations and other tasks that help improving our awesome start-up!
Who you are:
- You speak English on an above-average level and German in a Native/ Fluent level.
- You are a Bachelor/ Master student or recent graduate in the area of Economics, Business Management, Marketing or a related study and have great interest in Sales.
- You will be responsible for growing the supply side of our platform by generating new leads and contacts with landlords within your assigned regions.
- You have a genuine interest in knowing how the full cycle of a startup product works.
One of the shared behavioral traits of our team is perseverance. Within HousingAnywhere we believe that perseverance is the engine for our growth and success.
For us “it all starts with a room” and here you have the room to grow!
How the internship allowance works:
Minimum of 6 months internship: The internship allowance is €650.- net per month (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
Between 4-5 months: The internship allowance is €250.- net per month (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
- Work with a crazy unconventional team! Think 90 people from 30 different nationalities. It’s like being on a round-the-world trip while you’re in the office.
- Get ready to make a real impact and hit the ground running with early responsibilities. You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Work in the heart of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you!
- Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues while celebrating our achievements every Friday.
- If you like working with us, and we like working with you, we might offer you a full-time contract after your internship!
Questions? Email [email protected]