Product Owner - Growth Team
HousingAnywhere.com is the biggest global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation in the world. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that serves both sides of the rental accommodation market and that creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, we have been honored by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
As a Product Owner of the Growth team, you are part of two departments: the Growth department and the Product department. Hence you will work in a dual reporting structure, reporting directly to both the growth & product lead.
The Growth department currently consists of two teams:
- Growth marketing with 4 people focusing on experimentation across our marketing channels
- Growth development, which is the team you would become PO of and focused on driving growth through product changes.
The Product department consists of Product Owners and Designers that are part of the 4 cross-functional Product teams at HousingAnywhere (Platform, Payments, Growth & Data Engineering).
The Growth team drives top-of-the-funnel experiments to drive growth for the business, mostly focused on acquisition and activation. The team currently consists of two front-end developers and a full stack developer.
The Growth team’s scope of work consists mainly of:
- The homepage & the search page - the most visited pages of our marketplace. Through usability testing & AB testing our goal is to improve the user experience and channel more users towards starting a conversation with advertisers.
- Product marketing pages that are aimed at facilitating and speeding up the search, discovery and consideration process of our visitors.
- Empower the content marketers by creating the content infrastructure needed to succeed. pillage pages, blog homepages and blog article pages are all built or being built by the Growth team and are contributing towards educating individuals interested in renting out property on how they can grow their business.
- Enable the growth marketers to grow our millions of yearly visitors by supporting their various fields of expertise through product changes - SEO, SEA & Email marketing.
HousingAnywhere has entered a scale-up phase in which we have seen impressive growth in terms of bookings and liquidity in the marketplace. This growth is bringing us some challenges and also some really nice opportunities.
- Defining and driving the vision for our growth initiatives and experiments
- Owning feature creation from start to finish: from ideation to delivery
- Gathering and defining product requirements for design & engineering or marketing.
- Backlog management and all the decision making that comes with it in terms of prioritization
- Communication with stakeholders. You keep people up to date about feature delivery and also explain to them why we postpone something or decide to not do something
- Driving process improvements to become more effective as a team
Who you are
- At least 3 years of experience working as a Product Owner in an agile environment
- You are data-driven and have experience using analytical tools. A/B test results > opinions
- A product-oriented person: you love developing beautiful yet simple products that help people
- Good communicator. You are always able to explain why we prioritise A over B
- The user is your most important stakeholder
- Experience in the growth area is a big plus
- Experience in product marketing is a big plus
- Experience with online marketplaces is a plus
- Work with a crazy unconventional team! Think 90 people from 30 different nationalities. It’s like being on a round-the-world trip while you’re in the office.
- Get ready to make a real impact and hit the ground running with early responsibilities. You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
- Trainings, workshops, conferences, books. It’s up to you.
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
- Work in the heart of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you!
- We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
- Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues while celebrating our achievements every Friday.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Salary will match your experience.
- Starting: ASAP.
Do you have more questions?
Email Claire at [email protected]