Senior Front-end Software Engineer (React)
HousingAnywhere.com is the global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that satisfies both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 100 countries and 400+ cities. We have partnered with 180+ universities worldwide and currently target the international student market while we are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2018, we have been honored by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
Your goal is to provide our users with a formidable experience when looking for a place to live. At the same time, you would be dealing with the interfaces that we provide to the advertisers who are offering their rooms and apartments. Eventually, we need to provide high-quality matching and drive trust between the marketplace participants. We think about these challenges every day, and we would like to invite you to think along and build a world-class product.
Our platform is built using technologies and tools like React, Redux, SASS/CSS-in-JS, TypeScript and Webpack. Our back-end is powered by Go (Golang) backed by a Postgres database. The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. We've been using React and Golang in production environments since the early days.
You will solve complex challenges with the product development team!
Sounds challenging? Be part of building our startup!
Characteristics we are looking for in a Front-end Developer:
- A Product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people
- You take responsibility for the quality of your work, you like test automation and you are interested in TDD best practices
- Team player
- Ability to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted and scale as the business requirements evolve
- Interest in new technologies
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is preferable, although passionate career changers are also welcome.
- Previous experience working with Scrum or Agile
- Code versioning in Git
- Solid understanding of (web) user interface development.
- Basic understanding on how to prepare a good burger.
- Experience with Golang/Python/Node is desirable.
What we offer:
- The possibility to develop a platform that is visible to public audience: showcase your work!
- Career ladder: take control of your career and we’ll support your growth
- Competitive salary
- Budget for laptop and for training
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- We give our team members a high level of responsibility because for us all ideas matter.
- Our team consists of over 80+ people, with 25+ nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Friday Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every end of the week!
Full-time position (40 hours a week).
You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Salary will match your experience.