Internship | Business Developer - Dutch Speaking Market
Who we are?
HousingAnywhere.com is the leading booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that satisfies both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 100 countries and 400+ cities. We have partnered with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international student market while we are expanding to other audiences as well.
What are we looking for?
A go-getter Dutch Speaking Intern willing to learn and contribute! The main idea of this role is to join the Sales & Supply team and become responsible for providing the optimal experience for our users!
You will have the opportunity to develop your sales, negotiation and business communication skills. The main responsibility will be to contact potential clients through cold calls and emails to introduce our company and set up successful meetings. Take into account that this is not your average internship, your work will have a large impact on the region you are working in.
Your main tasks:
- You will be in charge of identifying potential customers in the target market and complete appropriate research. You will be trained to contact new leads executing the cold calling process and also utilizing email campaigns.
- You will be working together with our Account Managers to ensure that your newly acquired customers are on-boarded for optimal success.
- You will also need to schedule and perform meetings with your potential customers (landlords) to close the deal. Most of the activities related to this position will take place over the phone or over Skype.
- Depending on performance, you will get the chance to arrange personal meetings and go on business trips within your country of focus.
- You will also have other (supporting) tasks such us: supporting customers when using our platform, listing creation & optimization of the current inventory, perform translations and other tasks that help improving our awesome startup!
Who you are:
- You speak English on an above-average level and Dutch in a Native/ Fluent level.
- You are a Bachelor/ Master student or recent graduate in the area of Economics, Business Management, Marketing or a related study and have great interest in Sales.
- You will be responsible for growing the supply side of our platform by generating new leads and contacts with landlords within your assigned regions.
- You have a genuine interest in knowing how the full cycle of a startup product works.
One of the shared behavioral traits of our team is perseverance. Within HousingAnywhere we believe that perseverance is the engine for our growth and success.
For us “it all starts with a room” and here you have the room to grow!
How the internship allowance works:
Minimum of 6 months internship: The internship allowance is €650.- net per month + up to €250.- gross bonus depending on your performance (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- Our team consists of over 80+ people, with 25+ nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Friday Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every end of the week!
- If you like working with us, and we like working with you, we might offer you a full-time contract after your internship!