Senior Back-end Software Engineer
HousingAnywhere.com is the global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that satisfies both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 100 countries and 400+ cities. We have partnered with 180+ universities worldwide and currently target the international student market while we are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2018, we have been honored by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
Currently, the platform is built mainly using Go (Golang) backed by a PostgreSQL database and we’re moving to a service oriented architecture (microservices). The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. Other technologies and tools that we use are ReactJS, Redux, SASS/CSS-in-JS, TypeScript, Webpack.
We're a team to 30 people (product Lead, product owners, front-end engineers, back-end engineers, QA engineers and UX/UI designers). To scale up our team, we are looking for talented engineers who have proven work experience in solving complex problems in the related domain. Knowledge of Go is required.
Sounds challenging? Be part of building HousingAnywhere!
Characteristics we are looking for in Back-end Developer:
- A Product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people
- You take responsibility for the quality of your work, you like test automation and you are interested in TDD best practices
- Team player
- Ability to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted and scale as the business requirements evolve
- Interest in new technologies
- Experience with Go in production-grade environments
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal (part of our team is remote, so communication is the key)
- Basic understanding of what a good burger tastes like
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is a bonus, although actual experience is always preferred.
What we offer:
- The possibility to develop a platform that is visible to public audience: showcase your work!
- Career ladder: take control of your career and we’ll support your growth
- Competitive salary
- Budget for laptop and for training
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- We give our team members a high level of responsibility because for us all ideas matter.
- Our team consists of over 80+ people, with 25+ nationalities, with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old.
- Opportunities to attend training and workshops related to your field of work, sponsored tech talks and other networking events.
- Friday Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every end of the week!
- You can be part of something bigger than you! You have the chance to contribute to the early stages of a growing company that has the purpose to be the giant student housing platform in the world!
Full-time position (40 hours a week).
You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Salary will match your experience.