Product Owner | Full time
At Housing Anywhere, we aim to provide the best match for anyone looking for student accommodation. We are a peer-to-peer marketplace, meaning that you we are building an application to satisfy both sides of the student accommodation market. Housing Anywhere is active in 50+ countries and 250+ cities. We have partnered with 140+ universities worldwide.
We're growing our Product Development team to 30+ people (product lead, product owners, front-end engineers, back-end engineers, QA engineers and UX/UI designers). You would be directly cooperating with colleagues of all before mentioned roles.
Your job would be to build the best product out there together with this awesome, international team. This means you will be managing the product backlog, you gather input for features and talk to people internally to understand how the product is used and what problems people face. You are responsible for feature development from start to end; meaning you will be writing the user stories for them, manage design sprints, and get features developed and released. You will report directly to the Product Development Lead.
Sounds challenging? Be part of building Housing Anywhere!
Characteristics we are looking for in a Product Owner:
- Proactive, open and curious mindset.
- Structured and well-organised
- Team player
- Ability to make decisions and to 'sell a no' to stakeholders.
- Strong ability of breaking down a vision into actionable items that the product development team can execute on
- 2-5 years experience as a Product Owner
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with online marketplaces is preferred
- Extensive experience with analytics packages is required (We use Google Analytics, Mixpanel)
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Basic understanding of what a good burger tastes like
- Basic understanding of (web) user interface design and development
- Business & IT: you speak both languages
- You will work in an international start-up company, with a young, dynamic team of over 80 people and nearly 20 different nationalities.
- High responsibility; changes to the platform are visible to a global audience of 3+ million visitors per year.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- Starting: ASAP.
- Probationary period: 1 month.
- Period: we would like to start with a period of 7 months.
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Salary that represents your experience and is comparable to any startup that is at a Series A stage.
- Relocation package: we will pay for your VISA if you join us from abroad. In that case we will also reimburse 100% of your personal flight ticket, and 50% of the flight ticket(s) of potential family members that join. Finally, we can help you in finding suitable housing, there is a private housing agency that can help you out.
- For questions, email Floris on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch with you within a few days.
- To apply, you can click the button below.