Internship | Junior Sales Manager ( Eastern Europe)
Are you looking for an internship with the possibility to stay at a quickly growing start-up? Did you study abroad and fall in love with the international culture? Do you thrive in international environments, have the start-up spirit and are hungry to make an impact in the world?
Look no further -- join us at Housing Anywhere and become responsible for launching and expanding our network of partner universities in your country.
Field: Sales & Marketing, Higher Education
- Start date: September 1st 2017 (flexible)
- Duration: minimum of 6 months after starting date
- 40 hours per week.
Conquer your country and help us grow the Housing Anywhere network of Partner Universities in Eastern Europe.
You are working together with the Country Manager to grow Housing Anywhere in your region. You are working from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands - in an international and quickly expanding team. As a Junior Sales Manager you share and expand your knowledge of the higher education market in your country and approach universities to build relationships and sell them Housing Anywhere services.
Tasks of Junior Sales Manager:
- Performing desk research and market analysis
- Planning meetings with potential clients (universities). Mostly through the phone -- by calling calling calling.
- Selling Housing Anywhere services for universities in your country (mostly through video calls or in person if you go on business trips);
- Launching our platform in these universities.
Other (supporting) tasks:
- Website translation;
- Calling users;
- Preparing meetings at conferences;
- Other tasks that could help improve Housing Anywhere.
Characteristics we are looking for:
- Knowledge about the country: You are either a citizen of a country in Eastern Europe (with preference for Poland, Slovenia, Czech Republic)
- Language: We are looking for someone with fluency in English, along with one other Easter European language.
- Independent: You can work independently (you report directly to Management), demonstrate leadership and are keen to grow in your responsibilities early on.
- Structured: You work in a structured manner. You work according to specific checklists of our framework and develop the checklists yourself if they do not yet exist.
- Persistent: You are part of a Sales Team. You are able to receive many rejections and still continue your job. You are keen to keep on improving your skills so selling new partnerships over and over again will become easier for you.
- Productive and motivated worker: You are a hard worker and really passionate about Housing Anywhere - and ready to go the extra mile.
- Energetic, optimistic and imaginative power: you are self-motivated, and keep your spirits high even during challenging and tough times.
- Flexible: You are able and flexible to travel for consecutive periods of up to 1-2 weeks each month
The internship allowance is 650€ per month plus up to 250 Euro Bonus depending on your success (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- You will develop your sales, negotiation, leadership, and business communication skills. This is not your average internship: You are directly responsible for everything that will happen in your target country.
- If you perform well, you might go on business trips to your assigned countries and/or to international sales events.
- Our team consists of over 90 people, with over 20 nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- If you like working with us, and we like working with you, we might offer you a full-time contract after your internship!
Send an email to Claire [at] housinganywhere.com
We appreciate everyone's application and thank you for your interest in working with Housing Anywhere. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive for all of our positions, only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.