Lead QA Engineer
We are looking for a QA Lead Engineer who seeks the challenge of setting up a QA Engineering team at Housing Anywhere. Our ideal candidate would be looking forward to:
- Hire and lead a team of QA Engineers
- Implement strong QA practises in collaboration with other engineers and product owners
- Build and maintain a comprehensive testing suite, with a strong focus on test automation
- Work with a group of experienced engineers to develop QA tests
- Deliver a better user experience by shipping more reliable releases.
The Company and our Team
At Housing Anywhere, we aim to provide the best match for anyone looking for student accommodation. We are a peer-to-peer marketplace, meaning that you will be building an application to satisfy both sides of the student accommodation market. Housing Anywhere is active in 50+ countries and 250+ cities. We have partnered with 150+ universities worldwide.
Currently, back-end services are built in Golang backed by a PostgreSQL database. The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. Front-end technologies and tools that we use are ReactJS, Redux, GraphQL, SASS, Webpack.
You will be part of the Product Development team, which currently consists of about 30 people (product Lead, product owners, front-end engineers, back-end engineers, QA engineers and UX/UI designers). In Housing Anywhere you'll find almost 100 people and many different nationalities (25+)
Sounds challenging? Be part of building Housing Anywhere!
Characteristics we are looking for in a Lead QA Engineer:
- Proactive and open mindset.
- Structured and well-organised.
- Team player.
- Ability to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted for changed requirements in time.
- Strong interest in new technologies.
- 5+ years of experience with functional testing, including testing strategy, test case development and execution.
- Strong understanding of QA terminology, QA processes and best practices.
- Extensive experience with automated testing.
- Experience with modern testing frameworks
- Proficiency in testing both front and backend environments is ideal.
- You will work in an international start-up company, with a young, dynamic team of 35 full time people and 12 different nationalities.
- High responsibility; changes to the website are visible to a global audience.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- Starting: ASAP.
- Probationary period: 1 month (remotely if you are located outside of the Netherlands).
- Period: we would like to start with a period of 7 months.
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Salary that represents your experience.
- Relocation package: we will pay for your VISA if you join us from abroad. In that case we will also reimburse 100% of your personal flight ticket, and 50% of the flight ticket(s) of potential family members that join. Finally, we can help you in finding suitable housing, there is a private housing agency that can help you out.
- For questions, email Ligia on ligia [at] housinganywhere.com. We will be in touch with you within a few days.
- To apply, you can click the button below.