HousingAnywhere.com is the global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that satisfies both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 100 countries and 400+ cities. We have partnered with 180+ universities worldwide and currently target the international student market while we are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2018, we have been honored by being the fastest growing propTech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
Your goal would be to provide our users with a formidable experience when looking for a place to live. At the same time, you would be dealing with the interfaces that we provide to the advertisers who are offering their room. Eventually, we need to provide high-quality matching and drive trust between the marketplace participants. We think about these challenges every day, and we would like to invite you to think along and build a world-class product.
Our client-side app is built using technologies and tools like React, Redux, SASS/CSS-in-JS, TypeScript and Webpack. Our back-end is powered by Go (Golang) backed by a Postgres database and we’re moving to a service oriented architecture (microservices). The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. We've been using React, GraphQL and Golang in production environments since the early days.
Sounds challenging? Be part of building our startup!
Characteristics we are looking for in a Full Stack Developer:
- As Product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people
- You take responsibility for the quality of your work, you like test automation and you are interested in TDD best practices
- Team player
- Ability to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted and scale as the business requirements evolve
- Interest in new technologies
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is preferable, although passionate career changers are also welcome.
- Experience with online marketplaces, service providers and API development is a bonus.
- Previous experience working with Scrum or Agile
- Code versioning in Git
- Solid understanding of (web) user interface design and development.
- Experience with at least one back-end language is required (Go will be an advantage).
- Be part of a dynamic and fast growing scaleup, where you can make a real impact.
- Work with an awesome international team! Think 90 people from 25 different nationalities. It’s like being abroad while you’re in the office. Our office language is English as well.
- Work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! On top of this, you are one short train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague, so weekend trips are easy peasy.
- Friday Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
- A structured career ladder. Take control of your career and your growth within HousingAnywhere.
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
- Coming from abroad? No worries! We’ve got you covered, we’ll provide you with relocation & visa help.
- And of course, money.
Full-time position (40 hours a week).
You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Salary will match your experience.
Do you have more questions?
Email Claire at [email protected]