Internship | Promotion Coordinator | Head Office Rotterdam | full time
Become responsible for promoting HousingAnywhere.com
Field: Marketing & Promotion
- Start date: August 14th 2017(flexible)
- End date: minimum of 6 months
- 40 hours per week;
Traditional marketing that the big corporations are using is getting outdated: advertisements boards screaming: "BUY OUR PRODUCT" is not the direction we want to go. At HousingAnywhere.com you will learn about what marketing is all about nowadays: building a community, and providing relevant content to your community.
You will be responsible for managing the promotion campaigns of Housing Anywhere from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. As a Promotion Coordinator you will develop a Relations & Marketing strategy and guide your team through the Marketing & Promotion process and make sure that our platform gains awareness and adds value for our customers around the world. You will also guide a group of students who perform marketing activities at the university campus.
Tasks of the Promotion Coordinator
- Launching promotion campaigns at university campuses;
- Manage online promotion campaigns;
- Assisting in content creation for SEO purposes;
- Hiring and managing an online team of Student Ambassadors.
Other (supporting) tasks:
- Website translation;
- Calling users;
- Other tasks that could help improving the start-up.
Characteristics we are looking for in our Promotion Coordinators:
- Knowledge about the country: We are looking for Promotion Coordinators that are either citizens or have lived in one of the following countries: Germany, Sweden, Norway Denmark, Finland, Ireland, UK, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Spain.
- Language: you should be able to speak a minimum of two languages: English on an above-average level and be fluent in one of the languages of the above mentioned countries.
- Independent: The ability to work independently (you report directly to Management) and to demonstrate leadership.
- Structured: The ability to work in a structured manner; the only way to make sure that Housing Anywhere will not become a victim of its own growth, is to be very organized. You will need to work according to specific checklists of our framework and develop them yourself if they do not yet exist.
- Persistent: You will be guiding a team of Student Ambassadors. A central characteristic of good promotion people is that they are very persistent: they should be able to get many rejections and still continue their job. You should therefore be as persistent as they should be: motivating them to keep on going and keep on selling this product over and over again.
- Productive and motivated worker: We need someone who is a hard worker and is really passionate about Housing Anywhere. You will work 40 hours a week, but should Housing Anywhere grow much more rapidly than expected, we are looking for people who are willing to go the extra mile. It has happened that our interns had to work on a Sunday. Although this is not common, you should be prepared for it!
- Energetic, optimistic and imaginative power: you need to motivate a team of students, no matter what happens!
- Willing to do simple tasks: your title will be Promotion Coordinator and you have quite some responsibilities. However, on the other hand there is nobody ‘below’ you in our office. This means you also need to complete simple tasks, for example, preparing excel sheets, replacing a logo on our website, emptying the dishwasher etc. It won’t be your main job, but will still be part of the job
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- You will develop your sales, negotiation, leadership, and business communication skills. This is not your average internship: You are directly responsible for everything that will happen in your target country.
- Our team consists of over 50 people, with 20 nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- If you like working with us, and we like working with you, we might offer you a full-time contract after your internship!
The internship allowance is 650€ per month (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant)
Please keep in mind that if you are not able to complete a full internship, we will only be able to offer your an unpaid internship, as we require a minimum of 6 months commitment.
Send an email to Claire @ housinganywhere.com
We appreciate everyone's application and thank you for your interest in working with Housing Anywhere. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive for all of our positions, only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.