Full time job or Internship | ESN & AIESEC Liaison Officer | Head Office Rotterdam
Become the spokesperson of HousingAnywhere.com for the bigger student associations.
Field: Relations Management
- Start date: ASAP
- 40 hours per week;
- Location: Rotterdam, the Netherlands
You will be responsible for managing the relations with the associations in the international student community, mainly ESN, AIESEC and AEGEE offices around the world. These associations send out and receive a lot of international students from all around the world, and face with 1 urgent question: "where to house all these students?" Currently the people in HousingAnywhere.com inform our stakeholders about our housing platform; we would like to have 1 spokes person on behalf of HousingAnywhere.com, that will maintain the relations with the associations around the world.
You will be working from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. As a Liaison Officer you are responsible to develop relationships with the student associations that are in the field of to ensure that the associations are happy with our platform and to listen to specific needs or request that might arrive for their international students.
Tasks of the Liaison Officer
- Meet the student associations, mostly by calling them, sometimes by Skype, sometimes by going in person
- Manage the relations with our partner associations, e.g. by visiting national conferences.
- Create new partnerships with associations.
- Participate in meetings and projects hosted in Brussels that relate to international students & housing (a few times per year).
- The target is that the partner associations are referring their incoming & outgoing students to HousingAnywhere.com for housing; the HousingAnywhere team will then help their students with finding/renting their accommodation.
Other (supporting) tasks:
- Calling users for feedback;
- Preparing meetings at conferences;
- Other tasks that could help improving the start-up.
Characteristics we are looking for in our Liaison Officer
Our team will decide whether you will get a Full-time job or start with an internship first depending on how much relevant experience you have.
- Experience within a major student association: We are looking for a Liaison Officer who is an ACTIVE member - or has been - in one of the major european student associations (ESN, AIESEC, AEGEE).
- Language: English language is required; any other european language is a plus.
- Independent: The ability to work independently (you report directly to the Management) and to demonstrate leadership.
- Structured: The ability to work in a structured manner; the only way to make sure that Housing Anywhere will not become a victim of its own growth, is to be very organized. You will need to work according to specific checklists of our framework and develop the checklists yourself if they do not yet exist.
- Persistent: You will have different accounts in different countries. A central characteristic of relations managers is that they are very persistent: they should be able to get many rejections and still continue their job.
- Productive and motivated worker: We need someone who is a hard worker and is really passionate about Housing Anywhere. You will work 40 hours a week, but should Housing Anywhere grow much more rapidly than expected, we are looking for people who are willing to go the extra mile. It has happened that our interns had to work on a Sunday. Although this is not common, you should be prepared for it!
- Willing to do simple tasks: your title will be Liaison Officer and you have quite some responsibility. However, on the other hand there is nobody ‘below’ you in our office. This means you also need to complete simple tasks, for example, preparing excel sheets, replacing a logo on our website, emptying the dishwasher etc. It won’t be your main job, but these things will be part of the job.
This position will be an internship or a full-time job depending on the amount of relevant experience you have. Our team may chose to give you an internship for a few months to start which can later become a full-time position.
650-2500 euros a month (depending on experience + achieving a bonus based on your targets).
- You are directly responsible for everything that will happen in your area of responsibility, which is cool if things go right
- You will develop your negotiation, leadership, and business communication skills
- Our team consists of 50 people, with 20 nationalities. with most people in our office being between 21-30 years old; also having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- You will be working in the Netherlands, in Rotterdam, in the student neighborhood of Kralingen. Rotterdam is the second biggest city in the Netherlands and is one hour by train from the capital Amsterdam.
Send an email to Sanne at hrm [at] housinganywhere.com
We appreciate everyone's application and thank you for your interest in working with Housing Anywhere. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive for all of our positions, only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.