Internship | Customer Operations
Who we are?
HousingAnywhere.com is the global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that satisfies both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 100 countries and 400+ cities. We have partnered with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international student market while we are expanding to other audiences as well.
What are we looking for?
An Awesome Customer Operations Intern willing to learn and contribute and available to join for 6 months per April 2019! The main idea of this role is to join the Customer Solutions team and become responsible for providing the optimal experience for our users when handling their payments!
You will have the opportunity to develop your business communication and your analytical skills. Take into account that this is not your average internship, your work will have a large impact on what you are working in.
Your Main Responsibilities will be:
- Processing outgoing payments to our users
- Handling cases in which users ask for a refund
- Contact users to inform them about outstanding booking requests
Who you are:
- You speak English on an above-average level. Other European languages are a true asset!
- You are studying something related to business administration, economics, finance or a related field, or have a genuine interest in how the payment process goes.
- You have an Intermediate to advanced level of computer skills.
- You are someone capable to take on new challenges.
- You don’t drown in a glass of water because you are a problem solver.
- You consider yourself to be someone able to work on teams and that at the same time has the ability to work independently, take initiative and go the extra mile to reach the targets.
- You have the ability to structure your work following the team’s checklists and develop your own to do lists. Paying attention to details is very important to you.
- You are persistent, this is a central characteristic of our team is persistence. In Housing Anywhere we believe that persistence is the driver of our growth and success.
- You definitely are Energetic, optimistic and imaginative!
How the internship allowance works:
Minimum of 6 months internship: The internship allowance is €650.- gross per month + up to €250.- gross bonus depending on your performance (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. This is the ideal learning environment for you if you already are or are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- Our team consists of over 80+ people, with 25+ nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Friday Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every end of the week!
- If you like working with us, and we like working with you, we might offer you a full-time contract after your internship!