Product Owner - Payments Team
HousingAnywhere is the biggest global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation in the world. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that serves both sides of the rental accommodation market and that creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well.
In 2017, we were awarded 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. In 2018, we have been recognized as being the fastest growing proptech company in the Netherlands as part of the Technology Fast 50 ranking of Deloitte.
As a Product Owner at HousingAnywhere, you’re part of the cross-functional Product Development team (around 30 people) and also part of the Product Design team, a vertical that is currently consisting out of 4 Product Owners and 2 Product Designers and one Product Lead. You report directly to the Product Lead.
The Payments team is mostly responsible for payment flows in HousingAnywhere and all the features related to them. The team consists of back-end developers, front-end developers as well as a QA engineer. The team mainly takes care of:
- Payments and payouts: an internal payments system that handles receiving and sending out rent. This includes integrations with payment gateways and other tools
- Commissions: calculation and handling of commissions that HousingAnywhere takes for providing our service to advertisers
- Tenant & advertiser invoicing
- Users’ payment details: various payment and payout methods and overviews
- New awesome features such as a monthly rental collection service, payment requests etc.
We’re constantly improving our system to deliver the best experience by providing accurate and on-time payments and real-time info about them. Our goal is to bring this system to the next level by automating the vast part of it and make it flexible enough to serve well all types of use cases.
HousingAnywhere has entered a scale-up phase in which we have seen impressive growth in terms of bookings and liquidity in the marketplace. This growth is bringing us some challenges and also some really nice opportunities. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Defining and driving the vision for our payments platform
- Owning feature creation from start to finish: from ideation to delivery
- Gathering and defining product requirements for design & engineering
- Backlog management and all the decision making that comes with it in terms of prioritization
- Communication with stakeholders. You keep people up to date about feature delivery and clearly explain the choices that are made.
- Driving process improvements to become more effective as a team
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience working as a Product Owner in an agile environment
- A product-oriented person: you love developing beautiful yet simple products that help people
- You're a great communicator communicator. You are always able to explain why we prioritise A over B
- You are not afraid to dig into payments & regulatory documentation (think of PSD2, SCA, etc)
- You see the user as your most important stakeholder
- You are data driven and have experience using analytical tools. A/B test results > opinions
- Experience in the payments area is a big plus
- Experience with online marketplaces is a plus
- Basic understanding of how to prepare a good burger
- You are already located in the Netherlands, or are able to relocate before June 1st.
What we offer:
- Friday drinks
- Flat organization structure
- Being part of a company that is scaling up with millions of monthly visits, and thousands of paying customers
- Competitive salary
- Budget for laptop and for training
- The possibility to have a real impact on the core of the product
- Fun and international environment in the heart of Rotterdam. Our team consists of over 90+ people, with 25+ different nationalities.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Salary will match your experience.
- Starting: June 1st 2019
Do you have more questions?
Email Claire at [email protected]