Senior Mobile Developer
HousingAnywhere.com is the global booking platform for mid-term rental accommodation. Being a peer-to-peer marketplace, we create an experience that satisfies both sides of the rental accommodation market and creates a direct connection between tenants and landlords. HousingAnywhere.com is active in 100 countries and 400+ cities. We have partnered with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international student market while we are expanding to other audiences as well.
Who are we looking for?
Your goal would be to provide our users with a formidable experience when looking for a place to live. At the same time, you would be dealing with the interfaces that we provide to the advertisers who are offering their room. Eventually, we need to provide high-quality matching and drive trust between the marketplace participants. We think about these challenges every day, and we would like to invite you to think along and build a world-class product.
Our client-side app is built using technologies and tools like React, Redux, GraphQL, SASS and Webpack. Our back-end is powered by Go (Golang) backed by a Postgres database. The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. We've been using React, GraphQL and Golang in production environments since the early days.
The HousingAnywhere team
The HousingAnywhere team consists of 80 people of 25+ nationalities. You'll be mainly working with a team of 30 people (product Lead, product owners, front-end engineers, back-end engineers, QA engineers and UX/UI designers) passionate about what we do. To launch our mobile native app, we are looking for an experienced mobile developer who has proven work experience with React Native (or similar technology) and who will lead the set up of the mobile development capability, and the implementation and the release of a new mobile native app. You will have the opportunity to shape the organisation within the engineering team and to contribute from the beginning to the implementation of our mobile app!
Sounds challenging? Be part of our team!
Characteristics we are looking for in a Mobile Developer:
- A Product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people
- You take responsibility for the quality of your work, you like test automation and you are interested in TDD best practices
- Team player
- Ability to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted and scale as the business requirements evolve
- Interest in new technologies
- Excellent skills in React Native (or similar technology), ideally with a solid background in React.
- A solid understanding of networks, HTTP, RESTful APIs and how a mobile app consumes them
- Familiar with mobile UX and knowledge of both Google Material UI and the Apple human interface guidelines
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is preferable, although passionate career changers are also welcome.
- Experience with online marketplaces, service providers and API development is a bonus.
- Previous experience working with Scrum or Agile
- Code versioning in Git, experience in using CI/CD tools
- Solid understanding of (web) user interface design and development.
- Basic understanding on how to prepare a good burger.
Cool things we offer:
- The possibility to develop a new mobile native app that will be visible to public audience: showcase your work!
- Competitive salary
- Career ladder: take control of your career and we’ll support your growth
- Budget for laptop and for trainings
- A very international team, get to know and work with people from more than x nationalities
- Office (with a view!) located in a tower in central Rotterdam close to main train station, shops, restaurants, gyms, etc
- Beers and Cheers in the office every Friday at 17:00
Full-time position (40 hours a week).
You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Salary will match your experience.
For questions, email [email protected]housinganywhere.com. We will be in touch with you within a couple days!