Front End Software Engineer (Medior/Senior, React.js)
At Housing Anywhere, we aim to provide the best match for anyone looking for student accommodation. We are a peer-to-peer marketplace, meaning that you will be building an application to satisfy both sides of the student accommodation market. Housing Anywhere is active in 50 countries and 250+ cities. We have partnered with 150+ universities worldwide.
Your goal would be to provide students with a formidable experience when looking for a place to live. At the same time, you would be dealing with the interfaces that we provide to the advertisers who are offering their room. Eventually, we need to provide high-quality matching and drive trust between the marketplace participants. We think about these challenges every day, and we would like to invite you to think along and build a world-class product.
Our client-side app is built using technologies and tools like React.js, Redux, GraphQL, SASS and Webpack. Our back-end is powered by Go (Golang) backed by a Postgres database. The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. We've been using React, GraphQL and Golang in production environments since the early days.
You will solve complex challenges with the product development team!
Sounds challenging? Be part of building our startup!
Characteristics we are looking for in Front-end Developer:
- Proactive and open mindset
- Structured and well-organised
- Team player
- Ability to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted for changed requirements in time
- Interest in new technologies
- Proven work experience with React.js or a similar framework.
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is preferable, although passionate career changers are also welcome.
- Experience with online marketplaces, service providers and API development is a bonus.
- Code versioning in Git
- Basic understanding of (web) user interface design and development.
- Basic understanding on how to prepare a good burger.
- Experience with Golang is desirable.
- You will work in an international start-up company, with a young, dynamic team of 30 full time people and nearly 20 different nationalities.
- High responsibility; changes to the website are visible to a global audience of 2+ million visitors per year.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- Starting: ASAP.
- Probationary period: 1 month (remotely).
- Period: we would like to start with a period of 7 months.
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Salary that represents your experience and is comparable to any startup that is at a Series A stage.
- Relocation package: we will pay for your VISA if you join us from abroad. In that case we will also reimburse 100% of your personal flight ticket, and 50% of the flight ticket(s) of potential family members that join. Finally, we can help you in finding suitable housing, there is a private housing agency that can help you out.
- For questions, email Ligia on ligia [at] housinganywhere.com. We will be in touch with you within a few days.
- To apply, you can click the button below.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!