(Erasmus) Fall/Winter internship | 40 hours/week
Are you looking for an internship in a fast growing start-up? Did you study abroad and fall in love with the international environment? Do you like dynamic challenges?
Become responsible for providing the optimal experience for our users!
Field: Customer Service, Sales, Payments
- Preferred start date: anytime
- Preferred end date: 2-3 months
- 40 hours per week
- You will develop your relation, database and communication skills
- Our team consists of 50 people, with 20 nationalities. Most people in our office are between 21-30 years old; also having this working experience in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- You will be working in the Netherlands, in Rotterdam. This is the second biggest city in the Netherlands and is one hour by train from the capital Amsterdam.
For this Internship, you will have a choice between 2 departments - Customer Care, Sales and Supply
Responsibilities of the Customer Care & Product Improvement Specialist intern
- Housing Anywhere launched a secure booking service on the website. Now our users can book & pay a room directly on our website. We need to make sure that users get familiar with this booking system;
- You will be responsible for calling the users of our website, offering them help and explaining them about our newly launched secure booking system;
Tasks of the Customer Care & Product Improvement Specialist intern
Product Improvement (60%):
- Analysing the behaviour of our users on our website (product);
- Saving the feedback of the users and discuss this on a regular basis directly with our Head of Customer Care how we can improve the website based on the users' feedback;
Customer Care (30%):
- Calling advertisers to verify their rooms;
- Contacting users, to inform that they have a booking request open or are accepted for a room;
- Calling users, to help them with booking a room;
- Explaining to our users on the phone advantages of the secure booking system.
Sales and Supply Internship:
Responsibilities of the Sales and Supply intern
- You will be responsible to increase the rooms offered on our platform, by connecting to house owners/landlords (non-students).
Tasks of an “Sales and Supply"
- Calling calling calling: Generate new leads (landlords), prospect and qualify them into accounts
- Support the accounts while using the platform
- Bring the relatonship with landlords into customer success
- Depending on the country, we can go for personal visits to accounts or calling from the office
Other (supporting) tasks for any intern:
- Support the management with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Other tasks that could help improving the start-up
Characteristics we are looking for in our interns:
- Language: you should be able to speak English on an above-average level.
- Independent: The ability to work independently, take initiative and do what it takes to get the job done
- Structured: The ability to work in a structured manner. You will need to work according to specific checklists of our framework and develop the checklists yourself if they do not yet exist.
- Persistent: A central characteristic that is also the flag of our team is persistence. In Housing Anywhere we believe that persistence is the driver of our growth and expansion
- Productive and motivated worker: We need someone who is a hard worker and is really passionate about HousingAnywhere.com. You will work 40 hours a week, but should Housing Anywhere grow much more rapidly than expected, we are looking for people who are willing to go the extra mile. It has happened that our interns had to work on a Sunday. Although this is not common, you should be prepared for it!
- Energetic, optimistic and imaginative power: you need to motivate yourself and your colleagues, also in bad times.
- Willing to do simple tasks: your title will be “Customer Care Specialist intern” and you have quite some responsibility. However, on the other hand there is nobody ‘below’ you in our office. This means you also need to complete simple tasks, for example, preparing excel sheets, emptying the dishwasher etc. It won’t be your main job, but these things will be part of the job.
1-2 months: unpaid internships
3-5 months: 250€/month + up to 250€/month in bonus
You could try to get an Erasmus+ grant for this internship. Most of our interns got that. For more information about the Erasmus+ allowance, please contact your International Office, Career Office or visit the European Union website.
Send an email to Claire at Claire [at] housinganywhere.com
We appreciate everyone's application and thank you for your interest in working with Housing Anywhere. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive for all of our positions, only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.