Internship | New Business Developer (Dutch or Italian/French)
Are you looking for an internship in a fast growing start-up? Did you study abroad and fell in love with the international environment? Do you like dynamic challenges?
Join us and be responsible for building the Supply side of our marketplace!
Housing Anywhere is an international student housing platform where landlords and housing operators can rent out their properties to international students. We are in charge of the supply side of the marketplace. Our mission is to ensure that every student actively looking for accommodation is always able to find a home.
· Preferred start date: February 1st 2018
· Preferred end date: 31st of August 2018
· 40 hours per week.
As a New Business Developer you will be working with the University Sales team by generating and managing the supply of accommodation in pre determined regions, to provide quality service for our partner universities and their students.
Tasks of a New Business Developer:
- Cold calling. You will need to call a lot of potential landlords to introduce Housing Anywhere to them.
- Generating new leads of supply (landlords) in collaboration with our University Sales Team, to support the needs of our partner universities.
- Creating new innovative strategies to increase the amount of supply in the tougher markets.
- Building relationships with landlords, managing their accounts, and ensuring that all their needs are met.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with landlord associations in the Netherlands.
- Languages: You must speak English, as a native level of Dutch or Italian.
- Knowledge of the region: You have lived/studied/worked in the Netherlands or Italy.
- Past sales experience is a strong asset but not a requirement.
- Achiever: You are a go getter! Someone that strives to achieve all your goals and targets.
- Performance oriented: You have to focus on the activities that makes an impact on what we do. You have the ability to select them and take relevant actions accordingly.
- Entrepreneurial: We expect you to be independent, ambitious, and a challenge lover. You have a positive attitude on the job and a strong self confidence in delivering results.
- Structured: The ability to work in a structured manner. You will need to work according to specific checklists and develop them yourself if they do not yet exist.
- Persistent: A central characteristic of our team is persistence. In Housing Anywhere we believe that persistence is the driver of our growth and success.
- Productive and motivated worker: We need someone who is a hard worker and is really passionate about Housing Anywhere. You will work 40 hours a week, but should Housing Anywhere grow much more rapidly than expected, we are looking for people who are willing to go the extra mile. Be prepared to work a weekend shift occasionally.
- Energetic, optimistic and imaginative power: We are looking for someone who can motivate their teammates no matter what happens
- Join a dynamic and quickly growing startup -- enjoy the startup atmosphere with low hierarchies and early responsibilities. Even if your aim is “just” to make a good career, our growing team is looking today for the leader of tomorrow.
- You get to work in the amazing city of Rotterdam in an office with an amazing view! If you're looking for a city that is always packed with new things to discover, amazing architecture, a strong international community, this is the perfect place for you! On top of this, you are one train ride away from Amsterdam and The Hague!
- Our team consists of over 100 people, with 20 nationalities. with most people in our office aged between 20-30 years old. Having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV.
- If you like working with us, and we like working with you, we might offer you a full-time contract after your internship!
The internship allowance is 650€ per month + up to 250€ bonus depending on your performance (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
Contact Claire at Claire@housinganywhere.com
We appreciate everyone's application and thank you for your interest in working with Housing Anywhere. However, due to the high volume of applications we receive for all of our positions, only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!